Monday, January 03, 2011

one two three four

JED 
[walking away] Numbers, Mrs. Landingham. 

MRS. LANDINGHAM
Excuse me?

JED
If you want to convince me of something, show me numbers! 

Its true - numbers are essential.  On the 31st (or the 1st - it was so long ago) I outlined my goals for the year.  Gym, writing, reading.  But after three days of being like, "yeah!  good things!" I realized I need to make things far more concrete for myself to have any chance of getting them done.

So here  it is - the numbers post.

42 books in 52 weeks.  That's less than a book a week - this will probably be the hardest thing as I also have to keep up the New Yorker and such as well.  I am hoping that this will also help keep me off facebook and the interwebs, except of course.

150 blog posts in 365 days.  A random number, sure, but I got so close last year to 100 that I had to up the ante.  Plus 42 of those posts are going to be freebies.

200 days of exercise.  Exercise includes: going to the gym, yoga class, biking (at least an hour, even if its broken up throughout the day), walking more than two miles in a stretch.  This will also be hard as we try to figure out where we are living and what we are doing this year.  And let's be real, this is the one where at the end of the year I am going to have to spend like 50 solid days working out.  One can only hope I'll have a gym membership again by then.

So here we go - for reals this time.

No comments:

She's pint-sized and amazing.