Thursday, November 24, 2011

No, thank you

When I take a moment to think about everything I should be giving thanks for - I get incredibly ferklempt.

I would never even dream of saying that everything is perfect, in fact things are decidedly imperfect, and flawed and terrible in many parts of my life.  But when I look at the whole picture - it is pretty good.

Sometimes, the picture looks like this.


I wasn't kidding when I said before that there is something inexplicably fun about sleeping on the fold out couch.  Possibly because I never had one until a few years ago?  And so it always meant that I was on some sort of adventure.

At any rate, Boyfriend agreed that we could have a weekend-long slumber party in the living room. And so we have had just that.  And while I've been busy cooking and cleaning today, Hazel has been making excellent use of it. And I look over at, when I am about to just throw all the foods away and start over, and I remember that this is a day to spend some time thinking about all the little things.

Little things like new books, and slippers, and living room sleepovers, and adorable animals, and flannel blankets, and knowing that the love that surrounds you is as big as the universe and there is future out there full of question marks and adventure.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

She's pint-sized and amazing.